Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Memorable Moment

I will never forget the moment First Lady Michelle Obama shook my hand. She visited our state (8/1/12) for a rally to kickoff the remaining 98 days before election day. She was very motivating, inspiring and personable. When she mentioned the stress she and President Obama felt after getting married and the student loan repayments began (being more than their mortgage). She talked about all those who "whispered" in his ear about not pursuing the health care plan, sticking behind the automotive industry and several other things. I did not realize all the things he has accomplished.

I don't portray knowing everything political because I don't. When I shared what I felt was a once in a lifetime encounter satan had to rear his ugly head. Someone basically said she okay but I don't care for her husband because he compromised his religion (when he spoke out in favor of gay marriage). Since then I've noticed that sentiment being made by several Christians. A lady I stood in line with before going into the rally made so much sense when she said, God hates the sin not the person. No I don't agree with gay marriage, I don't think they deserve the same rights as a heterosexual married couple but that is my personal opinion. I understand that politics is a game and no matter which party you affiliate with people will never be pleased. Obama is trying to be re-elected and his position will not always align with his religious views. To say he's right or wrong is not for me to judge, he will have to answer for his choices. I will continue to support him because I believe his good outweighs the bad.

So with that negativity behind me I can continue to relish in the opportunity of hearing, seeing and touching the First Lady of the United States of America. She has motivated me to not only get involved in this election but to believe in the power of one. It takes only one to make a difference. I have the power to touch at least one person everyday. I have the ability to touch lives. I have the power to change a life. So with all that in mind I will not take lightly all that God has entrusted me with. I pray for His guidance and direction, that through it all I remain humble and true to Him.

Proverbs 2:6--For the LORD gives wisdom, and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment