Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 23, 2012

I Won't Complain

"I've had some good days. I've had some bad days. I've had some lonely days and some sleepless nights. I've had some hills to climb. I ask the question Lord, why so much pain? But when I look around and think things over, my good days outweigh my bad days and I won't complain."

Today was the homegoing service of a very special, sweet and loving woman of our church. Although we didn't talk much, she always had a smile and hug for me. This song was sung at the service, the soloist thought it was befitting because she was dealing with cancer and no one really knew. She never complained. She was in church first Sunday (I thank God I showed her love then) and although I knew she hadn't being feeling well she never showed just how much pain she was in. She still exemplified grace and elegance. As Pastor or should I say the Holy Spirit preached the Word I was reminded that I too have no reason to complain.

It's been almost a year (September 29) since the car accident and although my sight has not fully returned to my left eye, I still can see. Although my vision can get blurred (if my right eye is obstructed), I still can see. I can still drive, read, cook and do everything else I need to to care for my family, others and myself. I have so much to be thankful for that it's pointless to focus on this minor distraction. Someone told me to focus on the blessings that God left me with. With all that I've been through I am a walking, living testimony. I am a witness to God's grace and mercy. That accident could have taken so much more, but we all walked away, physically intacted. God was with us that day as He is everyday. I take so much for granted, when it all can be taken away in a moment. When I look in the mirror I know that God isn't through with me and there is so much more He wants me to do.

I've being wondering what it is I'm suppose to be doing. Asking God why isn't my sight getting better. Asking Him why am I having stomach issues (that the doctors cannot explain). Trying to move ahead of Him (applying for jobs, planning to go to school), while He patiently waits for me to "see" Him clearly. If I would just stop for a moment, take some time to enjoy the view and listen quietly for Him---He has already provided me with the answer. It's time to stop looking at my problem and tell my problem how big my God is. He has everything that I need and everything I could possibly want. I WON'T COMPLAIN!

Revelation 21:4--And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Jeremiah 29:11--For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment