Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 30, 2012

A Mother's Love

Psalm 127:3--Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.

Life conception is a miraculous and spiritual phenomenon. Before becoming a mother I never really gave it much thought; all the emotional, mental, spiritual and physical involvement. The bond between a mother and child is different for everyone and whether it's good or bad it is the basis for all future relationships. A mother has so much power to make or break a child's self-image and perception of life. A child's first exposure to the world and all its possibilities begin at the moment of conception; they feed off the the mother's surroundings and environment. To be a mother is a honor and a privilege.

I am grateful to still have my mother here with me. I can still turn to her for advice and comfort; cause although I've been afforded the privilege of being a mother to my mother I will always be her baby. When I become a mother I did not take the responsibility lightly. I jumped in with both feet determined to give my children the opportunities I never had. As time has progressed I see bits and pieces of mother in my reactions and responses. I can see in my children the potential I had but never blossomed because I didn't have a support system in place. I see in them the best of me, a better me and sometimes the not so good of me. I cherish every moment with them. As they grow and development into young men I sometimes find it hard to let go but I remind myself that I'm raising boys into men. I want them to grow into the men they were predestined to be before I even knew them. When I look at our relationship in the spiritual I'm in awe with the fact I've been entrusted with two Kingdom builders. My earnest prayer and desire is that I'm laying a foundation they will be able to stand and build on; that when the storms of life rage they may sway a little but they want bend or fall.

I could have never comprehended the ability to love another person like I love them. A love that supersedes space and time. I remember the first time I saw them in my womb, the first time I heard their heartbeat, the first time I felt them kick, watching my belly grow, seeing them for the first time, being the first person to kiss them and say I love you. Being their when they took their first step, said their first words, being a part of all the special moments of their lives, kissing the boo boos, and calming their fears. The moment I will cherish forever is taking them through the plan of salvation as they accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I never imagined being a mother but it's an identity I would trade for nothing in this world. The pain I experienced is nothing compared to their smiles, hugs, or them saying 'Mommy I love you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment